Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Road Trip 2011

Max and I are going on a father/son vacation to camp, trout fish, drink beers ( ya, ya, ya Max will have root beer), white water raft and find as much trouble as possible. This will truly be a trip to remember, hopefully for all the "right" reasons. I've been a parent for twelve years now and I have no illusions of expectations or naps, alone time, becoming a rock star or professional surfer, and having sex with my wife without having to explain that "I wasn't hurting mommy". Actually that last one's a lie. After a woman passes an 8 pound baby through her vagina, there's nothing on a man that could compare, but I'd like to think I still can. Anyway, my point is that  I have no expectations but Max probably does and that's where the possible trouble lays. So...I am going to adopt the happy-go-lucky mentality of Goofy and everything will be okay. Like in all Disney movies, there will be a happy ending. Now I will leave you with this video as Max and I set out on our adventure. Please stay tuned for excerpts from our trip as I will keep you posted. No doubt it will be entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment