Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hey tweaker! Stay away from the power tools!

I'm a healthcare professional and in my line of work I have seen many strange and gruesome things. A few stand out in my memory: frappacino bottle in rectum, failed suicide with shotgun to face, snorting mercury and my all time favorite...tweaker vs. power tool.
Now most of us would agree that crystal meth is a dangerous drug, but others believe it enhances their being making them super human in intellect, stamina and strength. Their mind has converged with the cosmos and now they understand all things. But unfortunately their dopamine receptors are fried beyond repair and the four days without sleep has short circuited their frontal lobe (the area of reasoning and judgement). We now have a wonderful catalyst for the following recipe for disaster. Lets throw in some malt liquor and a power tool to make it savory...mmmm. The smell of fresh blood and alcohol is the aroma your shootin' for here. It always gets my heart pumpin'. Anyway, I digress.
The tweaker in this story needed his 40oz of Old English 800 to suppress the shakes, before he picked up the 1/2 horsepower grinder with the cutting wheel mounted. "Just gonna to do a little bodywork on my Pinto at 3AM, since I couldn't sleep." Well tweaker, too bad that grinder missed castrating you on its way to nick your femoral artery. Please don't reproduce. Now make a better choice with your second chance. Start by staying away from the power tools.
The moral of this story is that if you see a tweaker leaving Harbor Freight with their new circular saw, realize that your healthcare costs are about to go up right after the tweaker figures they can use their lap as a steady cutting surface.

1 comment:

  1. Lol. I thought tweakers stole their tools. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete