Saturday, June 4, 2011

Patchouli Man

This is to the patchouli scented man I gave a ride to today...thanks for not killing me. My son would have been all alone for the weekend living off quesadillas.  My mom always told me not to pick up hitchers but she's dead now and she can't tell me what to do so, Patchouli Man, you got a ride. Anyway I wanted to wish you luck in your travels and dedicate this little ode to you:
Thumb in the air and your dread lock hair
I stopped to give you a ride
You stepped off the curb and offered me herb and I said "No thank you... I have to drive."
You buckled up and smiled your crooked smile and I began to drive the miles
You shared your name and I lied about mine, sorry I gave you that line
But I did not know you and I did not trust you and in the end you proved me right
You stole all my change and stained my seat
Now all I smell is your stinkin' feet

Actually the Patchouli Man was a cool dude who was clean and smelled like, well...patchouli! I just thought the limerick sounded better with some conflict. I really did lie about my name though. I guess the only righteous one in this story was the Patchouli Man.








No comments:

Post a Comment