Saturday, September 26, 2015

I'm Okay

I drink too much only to narrow my mind

To say inappropriate things and jump to conclusions

Aside from that I'm okay

I'm a selfish SOB who's out of control when he thinks he's in control

I confess too much only to clear my head for totally selfish reasons

To apologize and move on

I'm okay

I hear the movement of people and footsteps in a lonely house

With the windows open and a cool air to carry the dog barks and passing cars to my ears

I'm okay

I'm breathing and caffeinated

Eating and warm beneath my clothes

With cold feet and hands

I crawl on ground that owns me

I'm okay

I change my ways and am drawn by means unbeknownst to me

I am judged and concluded

Better and worse than the last

I'm okay

I will do something for the first time over and over again

And stay fit to be snotty when it counts

I know who I am

...and I'm okay




No comments:

Post a Comment