Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Door No More

Broken and busted, swept up and packed neatly into a box

Moments before it slammed shut it was just a door

It's a door no more

Now it is something else...

Pieces and remnants

It's scrap wood...kindling for starting fires

A relationship, a fourth, fifth or sixth chance

I don't know, I lost count, I lost my way

I must say the cedar fresh sent was lovely as I smashed it, cut it and gathered up the pieces

What a beautiful solid door that was

I bet one can't find a door like that anymore

I wonder what something like that costs?

Maybe I could build one...or maybe the person who choose to slam and break it could build one

Come to think of it, I'm  too tired to build one

And I like the idea that there are some doors that just shouldn't exist

Like the one's for shutting out the whole world




No comments:

Post a Comment