Monday, February 23, 2015

Two Pets

I have an iRobot that vacuums my floors

It moves about methodically, running into things like a retarded R2D2

Working noisily without complaint

Randomly cleaning without any sense at all

It's an annoying pet

I have to feed it electricity, clean it, set a schedule for it, which by the way I have to adhere to

Twice a week at 10 O'clock I have to pick up furniture to prepare its canvass for work

Then I watch it sweep the floor like a lunatic, as if I'll gain some insight to its crazy mathematical pattern

A life altering moment of bliss brought about by insanity... usually within an hour

My cat watches safely from atop the stairs for totally different reasons

Probably thinking to himself

"That fucking thing ain't natural"

He's terrified of it and rightly so...

If the iRobot could clean up cat vomit, cough up its own hairball of dust and dirt into the trash, then I think I've found the perfect symbiotic relationship

Until that day... I have to take care of two pets




1 comment:

  1. Thanks very much for this great article;this is the stuff that keeps me going through out these day. http://madbussen.dk

    ReplyDelete