Monday, February 16, 2015

Life's Window

I make every effort to shut off my senses

Not completely

Just to a dull momentum to stay in tune

To notice the harmonious,

The unstable gloriousness,

The comfort of manmade things imitating the color of nature that I can watch through my window...

Is the feel of sage as comfortable as its scent

I prefer its scent all the while knowing to run my grasp through its leaves releases its wonderful fragrance

Is the sight of ocean fog as warm through my glass as it is felt upon my skin

A cool, smoky hand of the sea reaching out and caressing the land as if in love

Are the needles of pine and its sticky pitch as green through my eyes as sting upon my stitch

I have felt these things...I know

I know the pain, the cold, the stringent odor of life and motion is for me and all those who wish to notice

I no longer have to imagine, I've experienced, I've loved



No comments:

Post a Comment