Friday, October 18, 2013

Methhead

"I don't know what the back of my head looks like!"
That is a statement I heard from one of my patients from the ED. Granted, she was not in a "normal" mental state and seemed quite anxious at the time for reasons I believe had to do with methamphetamines. This patient was very obsessed with the fact that she could not see the back of her head, as she kept  repeating this over and over to the point where I responded ,"Its okay. The back of your head doesn't know what the front of your head looks like either." It was at this time she stopped with her incessant obsession, shut up and looked at me as a calm silence filled the room, and stated, " I got eyes on the back of my head, I got eyes on the back of my head, I got eyes on the back of my head..."

No comments:

Post a Comment