Friday, March 20, 2020

M- M -M -Mmyyyy Corona!

Well it's day 1 of the California "stay at home" order and my worst fear is that I'll die and no one will be able to come to my funeral. Maybe we can have a virtual funeral. Everyone can attend from the comfort of their living rooms and they don't have to wear pants. That's all fine with me. Try not to cry on the keyboard and keep your camera shot above the waist. I don't have a lot of friends so I wish to invite anybody who would like to attend my virtual Zoom funeral. You'll have to download the Zoom app and the funeral will have a 40 minute time limit, because that's all the free version offers, so keep your eulogies short. For all those strangers who wish to attend, I would request you only share what a handsome man I was and that my life sounded amazing and that you are so sorry you never got to meet me in person, then share a good cocktail recipe. Family and friends can share what they wish, just make it all about me. If you're unable to attend the live version of my virtual funeral you can tweet wonderful things about me, gush on Facebook, and share the best selfie you have of me and you on Instagram. I expect there'll be plenty of sad face emoji in the comments. Other than that carry on with your virtual lives and when things settle down and you all are allowed out of your houses, you can all share a nice warm heartfelt elbow bump with one another.
For now I'm still alive and healthy and I expect all of you are as well. This is day 1 of M- M -M Mmyyyy Corona. And remember if you die, you died a hero.

5 comments:

  1. So, being a virtual stranger (aside from sharing a love of boats, good beer, and talking to ourselves) shall I take this opportunity to tell the world that you a handsome man and that life sounds amazing?? And that I hope both of our bodies tell this virus we are not a happy place for it to settle in. And I'm terrible at emojis! I actually had to look up what the word meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, but also poignant. Tom is holding a cocktail and saying, "Here's to Steve." I love your words and can't wait to celebrate, in person, on the other side. Be well and let's get the gear the hospital's need to be safe. You are a good man, Steve Ludwig. I'll say it now while we are on this side. Be safe. You are needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phyllis. I look forward to seeing you guys as well when this all settles down.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete