Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Son, it's time...

Time to do the things for yourself that you can

I'll help you with the things you can't do by yourself

But you have to ask

I may not reach out to you all the time

Yet my arms are always open to you

Don't lie to yourself

Silence any critical voice in your head

It's bullshit and if listened to will result in heartache

I no longer see you as a child

Yet I'm still your father

Although you may be done being my son

You're still my son

I will not tolerate disrespect

When you yell I'll stop listening

When you speak to me I'll hear you

When you make a mistake I'll forgive you

But it makes no difference if you don't forgive yourself

I have nothing to offer you if that's what you choose to believe

I have many things to offer you if truth is what you seek

I've made many mistakes that you don't have to make

Question everything to uncover the truth

Not to hate but to love

Be curious

Listen

Be quiet

Be still

Be strong...like water

Humility is the water that will breakdown the hardest stone
 
Follow your heart and respect the hearts around you

Many of them have been broken...just like yours

Finally...

Always keep in mind that you are one of 7 billion people on this planet, so...

You're not alone









No comments:

Post a Comment