Sunday, May 31, 2015

Dad, Wine and Baba O'Riley

My dad liked wine

He liked to taste wine, he liked to drink wine and I'm sure he liked how wine made him feel

I do

He also liked classical music

I do

I appreciate wine and my Father's sensibilities...now

But he never appreciated mine

I liked beer, tequila, a line of cocaine and Rock 'n Roll

I wanted to smash my violin across my mom's face

After I played The Who's "Baba O'riley"

Is that art?

But of course I wouldn't

...smash my violin

I loved my violin

I would play the solo violin part of "Baba O'Riley" with headphones on and a head full of THC

My Dad would drink wine and listen to my mom ask if that was music I was supposed to be practicing

And all I could hear was,

"It's only teenage wasteland, it's only teenage wasteland...They're all wasted!"

Today I hear the song and all I can hear is,

"I don't need to be forgiven, I don't need to fight to prove I'm right!"

...and I no longer want to smash my mom's face

And I'm not my Dad!





No comments:

Post a Comment