Sunday, July 6, 2014

Back To The Sea (Off Of My Boat)

The primordial life has been scrapped away to become ancient flotilla

Calcium carbonate shells stand erect and motionless as the animals inside thrive and move only to sink to the bottom when plucked from their roots

Seemingly still sponges of red, orange and yellow are stripped from their purchase and left to ghost away

I make this happen with satisfaction and regret knowing life flourishes to one day decompose my body

My continued dance with the sea as an out of step imposter while I'm just as much apart of it and from it as the salt in my blood

I may look clumsy to the small things that see but they dance with me anyway and it's unbelievably graceful

I hope to one day give back to the sea that which I have taken, maybe my bones...my skeleton for a reef

...or maybe music to dance to for those that remain



No comments:

Post a Comment