Thursday, June 19, 2014

Four Sweaters, Jammies and a Back Scratcher...

A man left this world, died, perished and burnt to ashes

His ashes will be scattered and shared with the dirt, wind and water

His belongings given to those who want or need

I take home some of his belongings

Four sweaters that will keep me warm and for some particular reason they make me feel safe

My son, wife and her sister wear his jammies because, I assume, are comfortable

The back scratcher...well, my son uses it because I'd like to think that grandpa has got his back.

I don't know if I believe in such things, but I know what I feel

I feel sad, and I feel comfort when I think he's in a better place watching over us when we want, and waiting for us to join him when the time comes, but never before we want

It all sounds silly, I know

But it makes more sense to me when I feel it

Thanks, Monte, for the four sweaters, jammies and back scratcher




No comments:

Post a Comment